x Hamster (not “xhampster” lol)! Any serious pornoholic has definitely at least heard of xhamster.com. Most of you, I’m willing to wager, have fapped to this tube website on more than one occasion. For some of you, it might even be your go-to porn tube site. And, if that is the case, you are certainly not alone. There are 10 million others who fap to xHamster frequently enough to be registered users. After XVideos and Pornhub, it is the third most popular pornographic site on the internet today.
Headquartered in Limassol, Cyprus, xHamster was founded in 2007 by Alex Hawkings. The minds behind the site wanted to do something different from what they were seeing most porno sites doing at the time. Coming off of the peak popularity of social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, xHamster’s founders set out to create a website that was equal parts porn tube and xxx social media site.
- extremely well-designed and organized site
- tons of multimodal content
- social media features
- unique premium content option
- social and political involvement/sense of humor
- annoying watermark on top of the videos
- ads (not many, but still)
- small female presence
- shitty quality of some homemade videos